Güvercinada Fortress, located in the Hacıfeyzullah District of Kuşadası County, was built on the mouth of the harbor to protect it. On the Güvercin Island, there is an inner fortress built by Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha and fortress walls built by İlyas Aga. These walls were built to protect against the attacks expected from Greek islanders and from the sea during the Mora Revolt. Walls were built about in 3 m-high as they were surrounding the island completely. The stones used in construction of the fortress were transported from Yılancı Cape. In the south of the walls, there is gate protected by two towers with arches and which can be climbed by means of stairs facing toward the south. While the north tower was in pentagon shape, the southern tower is in cylindrical form. The gap on the gate suggests that there was an inscription hanged on the gate. Construction inscription of walls is placed on northern tower wall. The inscription is comprised of 4 lines and 20 sentences from year 1242 (1826).